Dr. Khairudin Aljunied is an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS).
Read more about Khairudin Aljunied
Emad Shahin previous held the position of Hasib Sabbagh Distinguished Visiting Chair of Arabic and Islamic Studies and was a visiting professor of political science at the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
Read more about Emad Shahin
Shireen Hunter is a Research professor at the School of Foreign Service and affiliated with the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding.
Read more about Shireen Hunter
Amb. Ebrahim Rasool
Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool is a former Distinguished Scholar in Residence at Georgetown University’s Edmund A Walsh School for Foreign Service.
Read more about Amb. Ebrahim Rasool
Dr. Iqbal Unus [Ph.D, Emory University 1977] has focused his professional career on the evolving Muslim presence in America, gaining distinctive insight into its growth.
Read more about Iqbal Unus
Senior Fellow; Opposition Leader in Malaysian Parliament
Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is currently a Member of Parliament in Malaysia and leader of the reform oriented Opposition Coalition, Pakatan Rakyat.
Read more about Anwar Ibrahim
Senior Fellow; Woodrow Wilson Center Senior Scholar
Margot Badran is a historian and a specialist in women’s studies who focuses on the Middle East and Islamic world from the late 19th century to the 21st century
Read more about Margot Badran
Osman Bin Bakar
Senior Fellow; Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur, and Deputy CEO of the International Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies-Malaysia
A Fulbright Visiting Scholar at Harvard University (1992) he has published 15 books and more than 250 articles on Islamic thought and civilization, particularly on Islamic philosophy and science, Islam in Southeast Asia, and inter-cultural dialogues.
Read more about Osman Bin Bakar
Senior Fellow; Chief Advisor to the Prime Minister of Turkey
As a broadly trained scholar of Islamic studies, Ibrahim Kalin teaches courses on Islamic philosophy and Islam-West relations.
Read more about Ibrahim Kalin
Thomas F. Michel
Adjunct Professor, Senior Fellow
Fr. Thomas Michel a Senior Fellow at both the Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding and at the Woodstock Theological Center
Read more about Thomas F. Michel
Daniel Madigan, S.J.
Senior Fellow; Georgetown Department of Theology
Daniel Madigan, S.J. is an Australian Jesuit priest who joined Georgetown's Department of Theology in 2008 and is teaching in the doctoral program in Religious Pluralism as well as in the undergraduate program.
Read more about Daniel Madigan, S.J.
Louay M. Safi
Common Word Fellow
Louay M. Safi serves as an associate faculty with the Indiana University - Purdue University, Indianapolis, and a non-resident fellow with the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding (ISPU).
Read more about Louay M. Safi
Senior Fellow; Assistant Professor, Lecturer and Director Center for Buddhist-Muslim Understanding College of Religious Studies, Mahidol University
Dr. Imtiyaz Yusuf is Assistant Professor, Lecturer and Director of the Center for Buddhist-Muslim Understanding in the College of Religious Studies at Mahidol University in Thailand.
Read more about Imtiyaz Yusuf
Fellow; Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding and Yaqeen Islamic Institute.
Abdullah Alaoudh is a Senior Fellow at the Center for Christian-Muslim Understanding, and a fellow at Yaqeen Islamic Institute.
Read more about Abdullah Alaoudh
Former Fellows and Visiting Researchers
- Bhuian Md. Monoar Kabir, Bangladesh (2004-2005, 2010-2011)
- Sheila B. Lalwani, United States (2010-2011)
- Yujie Wang, China (2009-2010)
- Zehra Yilmaz, Turkey (2009-2010)
- Majid Fakhry (1998-2007, 2008-2009)
- Rifat Karamahmut, Turkey (2008-2009)
- Selahattin Oz, Turkey (2008-2009)
- Cuneyt Simsek, Turkey (2007-2009)
- Sadig Malki, Saudi Arabia (2007-2009)
- Sanae El Mellouki, Morocco (2007-2009)
- Samuel Rizk, United States (2007-2009)
- Amir Farmenesh, United States (2007-2008)
- Farhan Chak, Canada (2007-2008)
- J. Brian Grim, United States (2007-2008)
- Sara Amin, Canada (2007-2008)
- Theodore Pulcini, United States (2007-2008)
- Jane D. McAuliffe, United States (1999-2007)
- Irfan Shahid, United States (1995-2007)
- Sena Karasiphani, Turkey (2005-2006)
- Eva Borreguero, Spain (2004-2006)
- Geneive Abdo (2004-2006)
- Alamgir M. Serajuddin, Bangladesh (1995-1996, 2004-2005)
- Mohammad Zayyan Al-Shargi, Saudi Arabia (2004-2005)
- Boo Teong Khoo, Malaysia (2003-2004)
- Qasimoglu, Mohamed El-Shibiny, Egypt (2003-2004)
- Nariman Gasimzade Qasimoglu, Azerbaijan (2003-2004)
- Nasarrudin Umar, Indonesia (2002-2004)
- David Waldner, United States (2002-2003)
- Elizabeth Thompson, United States (2002-2003)
- Muhammad Olimat, Jordan (2002-2003)
- Fatma Muce Al-Sayegh, U.A.E. (1997-1998, 2002-2003)
- Reza Akbarian, Iran (2001-2003)
- Julianne Hammer, Sweden (2001-2003)
- Garbi Schmidt, Denmark (2001-2002)
- Samir Seikaly, Lebanon (2001-2002)
- Amira EL-Zein (2000-2002)
- Mohd Fauzi Hamat, Malaysia (2000-2001)
- Abdelhamid Lotfi, Morocco (2000-2001)
- Fatma Unsal, Turkey (2000-2001)
- Khadijah binti Mohd Hambali, Malaysia (2000-2001)
- Salouna Zerhouni, Morocco (2000-2001)
- Monica Ringer, United States (1998-2001)
- Zeki Saritoprak, Turkey (1998-2001)
- Carole Dagher, Lebanon (1998-2000)
- Lina Molokotos Liederman (1998-2000)
- Robert Crane, United States (1998-2000)
- Ahmed Mousalli, Lebanon (1997-2000)
- Magda Gohar-Chrobog , Egypt (1996-2000)
- Abubaker al-Shingeiti , Sudan (1998-1999)
- Avis Allman (1998-1999)
- Hong Qu, China (1998-1999)
- Premenda Yusuf Verma, India (1997-1999)
- Ahmad Moussavi, Malaysia (1997-1998)
- Mahfodz bin Mohamed, Malaysia (1997-1998)
- Nasr Mohamed Aref, Egypt (1996-1998)
- Diane Apostolos-Cappadona, United States (1995-1998)
- Faisal bin Salman al Saud, Saudi Arabia (1996-1997)
- Karen Armstrong, U.K. (1996-1997)
- Mohamed Aslam Haneef, Malaysia (1995-1997)
- Charles Chartouni, Lebanon (1995-1996)
- Vladimir Koshelev, Belarus (1995-1996)
- Mary E. King, United States (1994-1996)
- Rashid Abdoullaev, Tajikistan (1994-1995)