In addition to its full-time faculty and fellows, ACMCU has had visiting professors and scholars from many countries, among them: Bangladesh, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Tajikistan, Belarus, Iran, Britain, Egypt, and America. At this time, ACMCU is unable to offer financial assistance to researchers. As such, those planning on applying should be certain that they will have sufficient financial resources during their time with the Center.
(Click here to read about current and former ACMCU researchers.)
How To Apply
To apply for the position of visiting researcher at the Alwaleed Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, please complete the required materials. Completed materials should consist of the following and sent to ACMCU Associate Director Christine Kidwell (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- A completed application form (*Please only complete the "Applicant Information" portion of this form)
- A 1-2 page outline of the applicant's proposed research
- An updated curriculum vitae
- Letters of recommendation from 2 academic references who are familiar with the applicant's work
- Graduate transcripts (if applicant is a doctoral candidate)
- A copy of your visa information (Please note that, unfortunately, the Center does not have the administrative capacity to assist scholars in obtaining visas.)
- Once all materials are received, the Office of the Provost, in consultation with the Center, will make a decision on acceptance of the applicant.
Accepted candidates will also be required to show proof that they have obtained health insurance for the entire period of their stay in the United States. Please visit the Georgetown Office of International Programs' website for detailed information on this requirement.
Please note that there is a $400 per semester administrative fee for all Visiting Researchers. This fee is paid directly to the Graduate School by the Visiting Researcher. More information is available here.
All of the information requested above must be provided to ACMCU a minimum of three months before the researcher wishes to arrive on campus. Applications should be directed to:
ACMCU Associate Director Christine Kidwell: email@example.com or faxed to (202) 687-8376.